The Emercom Agency of the Russian Emergencies Ministry was established in 1996 to ensure and coordinate Russian participation in international humanitarian and peacekeeping operations and is part of the Russian National Corps of Emergency Humanitarian Response. Since its inception, the Agency has implemented more than 500 humanitarian operations.The key partners of the Agency are:
- International Civil Defense Organization;
- UN World Food Program;
- International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies;
- Russian-Serbian Humanitarian Center (RSHC);
- Russian-Armenian Center for Humanitarian Response (RACHR);
- humanitarian centers in the Republic of Cuba and the Republic of Nicaragua.
The Agency, on behalf of the Russian Federation, assists civil defense and emergency services of different countries in terms of supplying domestic advanced fire and rescue equipment, organizing training for foreign specialists in disaster management in leading universities of the Russian Emergencies Ministry. The Agency also provides food aid on a regular basis.
As part of scientific and technical international cooperation, the Agency promotes advanced domestic fire and rescue technologies from leading Russian suppliers.